Making a Lobel’s Bread Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Spread two slices of bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook in a preheated sandwich maker according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
MAKES: 2 servings